Appetizers Crunchy Cheese Sticks
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. ground red pepper
- 4 T. butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 T. cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease two cookie sheets, set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, and butter.
- Process with an off/on motion until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add water and process until mixture begins to come together.
- Transfer dough to a clean work surface and shape into 4 by 2 by 2 inch rectangles.
- Cut into quarters lengthwise.
- Cut each quarter lengthwise into 3 slices.
- Cut each slice lengthwise into 4 sticks.
- Arrange on prepared cookie sheets 1 inch apart.
- Bake 12 minutes or until pale gold at edges.
- Makes 48 sicks.